Have you tried out the Stampin' UP! Sponge Brayers yet? I've used them on lots of backgrounds for my cards recently and I'm so thrilled with them!!! Find these great crafting tools on page 180 in the 2016 Stampin' UP! catalog or HERE in my online store.
To achieve these beautiful, soft results, ink the sponge brayer by rolling it a few times on your Stampin' UP! ink pad then roll it on the Irresistibly Floral paper which already had white glossy patterns on each sheet, and the glossy pattern RESISTS the ink!! It's like magic!! Be sure to buff off any excess color with a tissue or paper towel after adding the ink.
I had to ink and apply the ink to the paper about 2 or 3 times, fading out to the right to get lighter results on the right side and darker results on the left.
REMINDER: Bonus Days are here!!
For each $50 you spend July 7 -31, you will earn a $5 coupon to redeem in August! CLICK for more info!
I'm working on a video to show you this and other techniques using the Irresistibly Floral paper and lots of fun ways to color it! The Irresistibly Floral paper is a MUST have product for card makers and crafters! Find it on page 172 in the Stampin' Up! catalog or #141644 in my online Stampin' Up! Store.
This is the card I came up with using the background above and some lovely floral die cut images from the Flourish Thinlits package (find those on page 194 in the current catalog or #141478 online).
Card Details & Tips:
- Watermelon Wonder folded card - 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", folded in 1/2
- Irresistibly Floral piece: 4" x 5-1/4"
- Floral die cuts: Whisper White, Island Indigo and Watermelon Wonder
- Circle and Scalloped circle from the Layering Circles Framelits #141705
- The flower centers are White Perfect Accents, found on page 177 with all of the other Stampin' Up! embellishment accents, or #138416 online. I colored one of them with a coral colored Sharpie marker.
- The sweet little star accents on the die cut circle are from the Subtles Enamel Shapes package, also on the embellishment page, #141679.
- Round the corners of just the right side of the Irresistibly Floral paper for a neat design detail. Project Life Corner Punch #135346.
I love the new Layering Circles framelits because of the cute scalloped circle options.. what a fun way to accent the Celebrate your Day greeting!! You'll find this sweet greeting, and others, in the Bunch of Blossoms stamp set, pg 69, or #141573 online.
All of these terrific crafting products can be found in my online store by clicking on any of the product photos below. I appreciate your order and don't forget about the $5 coupons you earn this month to spend next month, and the Free Stamps with Patty form bonus this month!
Sign Up for my Customer Newsletter
Patty's FREE VIDEO tutorials